Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Small Victories

So after my many postings of rage and crazies, it seems like the world is finding small ways of making me smile. Friday saw the end of my 10-day decaffeination project, and when I went to buy my victory coffee the Starbucks lady gave me too much change, so my coffee was only 81 cents. And on the Metro North today, the conductor punched the wrong place on my ticket and I got a free. Then I got a business card! I felt so official!

Last but not least, on Monday evening, I conquered my fear of sweetbreads. I've never found the idea of eating pancreas/thymus particularly appealing, but I was practically dared to try them at this Greek restaurant. You know what? They were pretty good. For some reason I'm always afraid that organs are either going to taste like liver or have the consistency of grits, but these were sort of tender and veal-y. I don't think I'd eat a whole plateful, but as an appetizer they were pretty pleasant. I'm sure it didn't hurt that they were in a garlic-lemon butter sauce......Still, now I get to cross it off my List of Things I'm Scared of.

No comments:

Post a Comment