Saturday, August 29, 2009

Employment!

Hey guys,
I really wish I hadn't wasted the "victory" title on some silly cappuccinos, because guess who now has two (count 'em, two) jobs? Me! One as a part-time study abroad advisor at a university, and one with the magazine I've been interning at for the last 6 months. So yay! Do they add up to less than 25 hours a week? Yes. Do I have to commute for an hour at least one day a week? Uh huh. Am I still living below the poverty line? Absolutely. But since I'm not really a grown-up, I'll actually be making enough money to live. I'm pretty darn excited, because not only is the seemingly endless and infinitely frustrating job search finally at an end (at least for now.....dun dun dun....) but I get to do two things that I am enthusiastic about. I get to stay with the people I love at the magazine, and then I also get to do something else I love, which is get excited with students about studying abroad. And I get to advise them, mold them, turn them into my minions....muahaha. Anyway, I'll be on both payrolls starting on Monday-ish, and I will buy you all a beer or a cookie with my new piles of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment